Author Topic: A Theory and A Study  (Read 7928 times)

Offline pj

• Learning.
  • Technical Guild
  • Evaluator
  • We are made of such stuff as dreams are made of.
Re: A Theory and A Study
« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2008, 05:07:36 PM »
We'll go through the end of the month, as planned, and then re-evaluate to determine which direction to go from here.
What truly matters is not built of right and wrong; but of grace, and of love.

--pj

Offline Lucidbulbs

• Cafe Queen
  • Evaluator
  • Mmmm Lattes~
« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2008, 08:48:54 PM »
Okay~ I'll be curious to see how the results turned out, as I'm sure everyone else is.
Back from the dead...let's hope I'll stick to it.

DILD: 2
MILD:1
WILD:

Offline joshbotch

• Evaluator
  • where we're from the birds sing a pretty song
« Reply #32 on: July 24, 2008, 12:53:56 PM »
i have been putting mine in my DJ, but i dont really see a trend as far as normal dreams go... my LD have been following my LDS use 100%
"i have powers pinto beans can only dream of" - happy noodle boy

Offline pj

• Learning.
  • Technical Guild
  • Evaluator
« Reply #33 on: July 24, 2008, 01:07:25 PM »
Putting results in your DJ is the way to go.

I might ask those who are willing to compile their own results and post them here in the end - that will make the data gathering a lot easier.  Following GH's lead is the way to go.

--pj

Offline Oneironaught

• with a "gh"
  • Ambassador Guild
  • Synthesizer
  • twitterpated +10
« Reply #34 on: July 29, 2008, 05:37:04 PM »
I'll tell you guys, my attention and focus have been pitifully low pretty much the entire duration that we've been keeping track (which seems counter-intuitive if you think about it). I've haven't been doing the things that [seem to] work to get my LD count up. Those things are: keeping up with my paper DJ, 'real' WBTB and getting sufficient sleep.

The sleep time comes and goes (somewhat normal, I guess). But I feel like I've been incredibly lazy about the rest. However, lately (past two weeks or more), I've been having some very vivid dreams and nearly every night in that time has yielded only 1 or 2 dreams. But those dreams are ones which I re-enter and continue, making them very long. Some may even be counted as multiple dreams even though I've been counting them as being only one.

So my stats may be somewhat misleading with respect to the number of non-lucid dreams. The real numbers may be 3-4 times higher in reality. It's really a tough judgement call for me as to how to count them. Sadly, my lucid count is accurate, having only 1 semi-lucid (I think that's what it is).

I don't know why I've been so lazy lately. I'd like to blame my busy, over-worked life but, that's always been the case for me. Perhaps the biggest aspect of attention that I really need to concentrate on again is my DJ, paper and here.

And I need to get my lazy-ass up when my alarm goes off and stay conscious for more than 10 seconds. That's the perfect strategy for when I'm trying to re-enter/continue a dream and it makes for very vivid, cool dreams. But it's useless when I want to do so lucidly. I love LDing very much; how can it be that I have so little motivation to actually do it right now? And I've been missing all kinds of in-your-face dream signs.
Life is wonderful

Offline pj

• Learning.
  • Technical Guild
  • Evaluator
« Reply #35 on: July 30, 2008, 07:34:14 AM »
My focus has been abysmal as well, but that's part of what we're keeping track of.  The data is what it is.  It will all be informative.

--pj

Offline Namaste

• Evaluator
  • Dreaming Daeva
« Reply #36 on: July 31, 2008, 07:57:41 AM »
All my data is getting compiled in the first entry of my awake journal so that should speed up collation if you havn't done so already ;)
Total Lifetime LDs: 54
(53 DILDS 1 FILD - many of the DILDs have been induced by WBTB or FILD/WILD Attempts - or both)

Challenges completed
          Bas:  HA, FL, GG, SO
          Int:  CO, CP, MF, TK, DC
          Adv:  None yet (waaah!)

Offline pj

• Learning.
  • Technical Guild
  • Evaluator
« Reply #37 on: July 31, 2008, 08:04:32 AM »
I'll be collecting data tomorrow, or soon after... time and attention permitting.

Everybody else who has been involved - if you can compile your data, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks to all involved!  These results should make for some interesting reading.

--pj

Offline Oneironaught

• with a "gh"
  • Ambassador Guild
  • Synthesizer
  • twitterpated +10
« Reply #38 on: July 31, 2008, 11:46:58 AM »
I will update my data this evening. I did have a small lucid this morning. Then again, I put more effort into it in the form of RCs, attention and a slightly longer waking period (than I have been doing) this morning.
Life is wonderful

Offline Lucidbulbs

• Cafe Queen
  • Evaluator
  • Mmmm Lattes~
« Reply #39 on: August 01, 2008, 09:23:41 AM »
Ummm, I'll have to compile after work -.-' I should have read this thread sooner >.>

WILD:

Offline The Cusp

• Ambassador Guild
  • Evaluator
« Reply #40 on: August 03, 2008, 01:47:47 PM »
« Last Edit: August 03, 2008, 02:08:07 PM by The Cusp »
Some people are like a Slinky - Not really much good for anything, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Offline pj

• Learning.
  • Technical Guild
  • Evaluator
« Reply #41 on: August 04, 2008, 08:18:33 AM »
I'm finally starting to work on the data gathering.  Sorry about the delay - sudden (and welcome) influx of "real world" work.

--pj

Offline pj

• Learning.
  • Technical Guild
  • Evaluator
« Reply #42 on: August 04, 2008, 09:29:52 AM »
Here are my dreamstats, compiled and charted.

In my case, the only correlation (not shown here) is that GM is likely to induce lucid dreams.  Focus, stress and number of RCs had no bearing at all for me.  I've not finished compiling all of our cumulative data yet - still working on that.  It will be interesting, but what I'm hearing already tells me that the rest of you had similar results.

What IS interesting is the correlation between higher stress and doing more RCs!  I wonder why I did that?

I would like to look at amount of sleep next.  Can we think of a couple other factors that bear exploring?

--pj

Offline Lucidbulbs

• Cafe Queen
  • Evaluator
  • Mmmm Lattes~
« Reply #43 on: August 04, 2008, 11:09:15 AM »
Umm, well, one that may be hard to really label down would be if you took anything [hard because so many different things one could take, all with different short term and long term affects on sleep].

Maybe how fatigued/tired we felt before we went to bed? Because I know sometimes, being really fatigued, I get the worst recall.

[BTW, my data is in my AJ.]

WILD:

Offline pj

• Learning.
  • Technical Guild
  • Evaluator
« Reply #44 on: August 04, 2008, 11:18:52 AM »
Thank you.  Accumulating data is slow...

I hadn't realized how many participated at some level!  There were 12 of us involved at least somewhat.

--pj