Author Topic: Scared Newbie  (Read 89 times)

Offline rita.barr

• Knower
Scared Newbie
« on: March 08, 2017, 12:43:27 PM »
Hello! I am a new member of this forum, my name is Rita, 32 yo. I am interested in a lucid dreaming and other stuff since high school. I've been doing all imagination trainings, writing a dreams journal. I've decided to 'try' lucid dreaming but the intense experience of dizzling and spinning inside my body was too scary for me. Is there any way to chill during the entering to the 'other side'? I would be grateful for all the tips guys!
To want to, is to be able to.

Offline mentalenforcer

• Evaluator
  • If you are not someone else...
Re: Scared Newbie
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2017, 03:11:42 PM »
It sounds like you're talking about entering dreaming directly?  If that is too intense, there is also trying to catch lucidity once you're already in a dream.  It probably won't be as effective as the former, but it would bypass the sensations.

Offline Kar

• Evaluator
Re: Scared Newbie
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2017, 03:37:38 AM »
Welcome to the Mist, Rita!

I'm not sure what you mean by "other side" (that calls astral projection to my mind rather than lucid dreaming), but there are plenty of tutorials on MM that might help. I've heard that WILD and the gravity technique have proven to be especially helpful to beginners.

Some of us are always on the forum's Discord server if you'd ever like to chat in real time.