Author Topic: Old love is calling me?  (Read 143 times)

Offline rita.barr

• Knower
Old love is calling me?
« on: March 08, 2017, 12:46:38 PM »
Heeey, my ex-boyfriend broke up with three years ago and since then I am dreaming about him almost every night. In those dreams he almost never shows up in person but for example I am waiting for him somewhere, he writes to me messages, I meet his friend and family. How to understand dreams like this? I am in other, happy relationship and the dreams bother me, I cannot forger about my him... What to do?
To want to, is to be able to.

Offline mentalenforcer

• Evaluator
  • If you are not someone else...
Re: Old love is calling me?
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2017, 03:16:18 PM »
I'm not sure.  It might just take time.

One thing you might try is to confront him in the dream somehow.  When I had nightmares and I confronted the monster, if the confrontation was successful the monster would not bother me again.  An ex isn't necessarily a monster though, so that rule might not apply.

Offline Kar

• Evaluator
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2017, 03:47:06 AM »
You might have something unresolved related to him that your subconscious wants you to address. On the other hand, he could represent something else entirely and be a symbolic representation of something else. Maybe try a few different reactions to try to get some more clues. Or you could even try asking your SC directly by just posing the question aloud in the dream. It may or may not answer, but it's worth a try. You might even get a DG out of it.

My SC pulls this kind of thing sometimes too. It usually moves on after I figure out what it wants me to work through and do so.

Offline Komikubo45

• Comprehender
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2017, 06:43:58 AM »
I heard this case often. A ex girl/boyfriend appears in a dream, but in reality the realtionship broke up a few years ago. Its your unconcious mind that reminds you of him. I promise you in a few days this will stop :)