Author Topic: Burned up's mini DJ  (Read 9030 times)

Offline DrTechnical

• Lead Tangential Thinker
  • Research Guild
  • Evaluator
Re: Burned up's mini DJ
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2010, 10:53:52 AM »
I think it makes sense that you posted both dreams. There is some obvious synergy between the two.

I found it interesting that both dreams contained old friends. In my mind, I think there are two other important elements worth noting.

1) Each centered around crossing a road, or path of some kind. This seems symbolic with making a life transition of some kind.

2) In each case, the transition was hampered or created a problem of some kind. In the first you found yourself stuck while your friend was able to make it across. In the second, it was a short walk but significant time had passed. Then the concern over missing your sons practice. Your sons practice could be symbolic of something else you missed as a result of some life transition which was not handled well (at least as you reflect on it).

In summary, I get the sense of reflection on past decisions, relations and perhaps some trepidation on how that all worked out.
"In a fearful stampede to save themselves from the terrifying menace of an original idea, the herd can become a mindless destroyer of the light." - Thomas Campbell

"I just had to get nice last night. My Mind is so free, you wouldn't believe ... you wouldn't believe" - Dave Wyndorf

"I don't understand. How can less be more? That's impossible. More is more." - Yngwie Malmsteen

Offline StarSeeker

• Ambassador Guild
  • Evaluator
  • I wish you the stars.
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2010, 07:54:38 PM »
Next thing, the road has become a river.  Quite a fast flowing one, but not too deep.  I try to wade across but get stuck after a couple of steps and have to back-track.
A busy path is not a path, but an obstacle.

Another road crossing
I really don't know what to think of this one- but the meaning seems different from the previous one.
DJ:Oniric Archive
Awake Journal: Wild experiences on the StarS
-----------------

Sweet dreams old friends, sweet dreams.

Offline Sunshine

• Research Guild
  • Evaluator
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2010, 08:17:48 PM »
(content removed by user request)
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 07:04:01 PM by pj »

Offline Burned up

• Burning candles at both ends
  • Project leader
  • Evaluator
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2010, 02:11:09 PM »
I think it makes sense that you posted both dreams. There is some obvious synergy between the two.

I found it interesting that both dreams contained old friends. In my mind, I think there are two other important elements worth noting.

1) Each centered around crossing a road, or path of some kind. This seems symbolic with making a life transition of some kind.

Yes, isn't there a saying "crossing over the road"?  Maybe it's about changing sexual orientation, I don't know.  I was thinking about barriers but transitions is also good.

2) In each case, the transition was hampered or created a problem of some kind. In the first you found yourself stuck while your friend was able to make it across. In the second, it was a short walk but significant time had passed. Then the concern over missing your sons practice. Your sons practice could be symbolic of something else you missed as a result of some life transition which was not handled well (at least as you reflect on it).

I know I spend a lot of RL energy on his practice, hoping he'll do well etc.  I think it's because I was never competitive but he is, and I'm living my (supressed) competitive desires through him.  Or something like that.

In summary, I get the sense of reflection on past decisions, relations and perhaps some trepidation on how that all worked out.

Yes, definitely something about relations there, as these are two friends I want to keep in touch with.  Trepidation - yes - probably more about how it's going to work out that how it has.  Especially in the case of BM (who featured once in a significant dream).

Thanks for the feedback, Dr T.  I'm now thinking about the barriers are/transitions required in order to develop this/these friendships.

Next thing, the road has become a river.  Quite a fast flowing one, but not too deep.  I try to wade across but get stuck after a couple of steps and have to back-track.
A busy path is not a path, but an obstacle.

Yes, I said barrier but obstacle is probably better as barrier makes it sound like I can't get across.

Another road crossing
I really don't know what to think of this one- but the meaning seems different from the previous one.

Do you think so?  Wondering what you're picking up that I'm missing.  I suspect you're right as I wouldn't normally expect to have effectively the same dream twice.

Except for the road becoming a river, it seems like PDP.  The part where you think the area is dull--is that because your friend is there looking at it with you?  Sometimes familiar things suddenly seem very different when you see them thru somebody else's eyes.

Wow, that's a different slant on the dream.  I hadn't developed the meaning of the flat land.

Taking your thinking further, I'm now thinking that our relationship can never be exciting.  This is interesting because IRL I'm excited about meeting her again.  (She's the one I told once about an intimate dream of me and her).  Maybe the dream is a reality check.
Bu

Offline StarSeeker

• Ambassador Guild
  • Evaluator
  • I wish you the stars.
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2010, 03:46:51 PM »
Another road crossing

Do you think so?  Wondering what you're picking up that I'm missing.  I suspect you're right as I wouldn't normally expect to have effectively the same dream twice.
I mean that while in one, you get stuck and have to retreat, in the second, there is no such impediment. You only have to wait for the lights to turn green. Generally speaking, they are similar, but those details make all the difference to me.

Another thing that hit me: could the transformation in river have anything to do with strong inner stress?
-----------------

Offline Burned up

• Project leader
  • Evaluator
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2010, 06:58:08 AM »
Another road crossing

I mean that while in one, you get stuck and have to retreat, in the second, there is no such impediment. You only have to wait for the lights to turn green. Generally speaking, they are similar, but those details make all the difference to me.

Fair point.  So perhaps I'm trying harder with BM than with GM?  (Which is probably true IRL because GM tends to be more organised).

Another thing that hit me: could the transformation in river have anything to do with strong inner stress?

Well, I often relate water to emotions.  And water in my dreams is usually still, yet this river was unusually fast.  Inner stress?  Not sure.  I don't get a positive or a negeative reaction to your suggestion.
Bu

Offline Burned up

• Project leader
  • Evaluator
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2010, 07:04:00 AM »
Bu

Offline StarSeeker

• Ambassador Guild
  • Evaluator
  • I wish you the stars.
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2010, 07:06:14 AM »
Fair point.  So perhaps I'm trying harder with BM than with GM?  (Which is probably true IRL because GM tends to be more organised).
I wouldn't say trying harder. What is harder? Cross a fast-flowing river or use a footbridge?
If we go that way, it could be that you are trying harder with GM, but BM is giving better results, more easily.

Well, I often relate water to emotions.  And water in my dreams is usually still, yet this river was unusually fast.  Inner stress?  Not sure.  I don't get a positive or a negeative reaction to your suggestion.
I meant confused emotions.
-----------------

Offline Burned up

• Project leader
  • Evaluator
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2010, 07:12:42 AM »
Bu

Offline Burned up

• Project leader
  • Evaluator
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2010, 07:15:47 AM »
I wouldn't say trying harder. What is harder? Cross a fast-flowing river or use a footbridge?
If we go that way, it could be that you are trying harder with GM, but BM is giving better results, more easily.

I was assuming that the dream revealed the results of my efforts - it gave me a footbridge.  But now I'm not sure!!!

I meant confused emotions.

Yes, but probably "lots of other emotions" might be more like how I feel.  I really don't think much about my friendship with GM, I kind of take him for granted.  The river might represent the fact that I'm not giving enough to the friendship because I'm too busy with other stuff.
Bu

Offline StarSeeker

• Ambassador Guild
  • Evaluator
  • I wish you the stars.
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2010, 07:19:51 AM »
Yes, but probably "lots of other emotions" might be more like how I feel.  I really don't think much about my friendship with GM, I kind of take him for granted.  The river might represent the fact that I'm not giving enough to the friendship because I'm too busy with other stuff.
Hence the fact he is already on the other side, and you have to struggle to get to him. And if you give up (like you did on the dream), you'll stay on the opposite side of the river.
-----------------

Offline Burned up

• Project leader
  • Evaluator
« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2010, 07:37:34 AM »
Hence the fact he is already on the other side, and you have to struggle to get to him. And if you give up (like you did on the dream), you'll stay on the opposite side of the river.

Indeed I did give up.  OK I'll give you this one - that is the key difference between the dreams :)
Bu