Author Topic: Designed in Dreams  (Read 298 times)

Offline Contratonics

• Intonating
  • Analyzer
Designed in Dreams
« on: January 14, 2020, 01:57:01 PM »

Testing out a sketching and design app called Concepts to try and represent some of the tools and characters from my dreams without using tons of paper on all the iterating I used to do. This rough outline of one of the masked fellows from the Sparring Axle went pretty well, so I'll be trying out some more recent stuff as things catch my eye.

Current Goals
-Recall exercises
-Dreamsign updates
-Testing new RCs
-Rally

Offline Caradon

• Evaluator
Re: Designed in Dreams
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2020, 03:42:30 PM »
Cool. That is a creepy looking character...

Offline Contratonics

• Intonating
  • Analyzer
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2020, 12:39:22 PM »
They look intimidating, but the people in these horned masks are probably the least aggressive of the lot. At least they have been so far.

Trying some more precision tools to see if I can get technical drawings done of some of the assorted devices and tools that show up in dreams. I'm optimistic after throwing this together. Couldn't quite remember the proportions or purpose of the thing, but it's one of the tools collected during the dream on Dec 28th

« Last Edit: January 15, 2020, 05:41:04 PM by Contratonics »
Current Goals
-Recall exercises
-Dreamsign updates
-Testing new RCs
-Rally

Offline Contratonics

• Intonating
  • Analyzer
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2020, 11:29:13 AM »
Tried drawing to help myself get to sleep after some restlessness last night. It didn't work well but I did make some progress trying to represent those Presage aliens. It's all just a few key shapes and proportions but it's more than I've gotten done on them before. Makes me want to do more gesture stuff like the top example.

Current Goals
-Recall exercises
-Dreamsign updates
-Testing new RCs
-Rally

Offline Contratonics

• Intonating
  • Analyzer
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2020, 04:34:42 AM »
Working on some sketches during some sleep trouble again, more practice on humanoid Presage aliens. Next time I'll try to get a better design sense for their weird foot mechanics with claws that can collapse into little points they skate around on. Some of the non humanoid ones might help me get out of "make it look good" mode, robo-insect Sleipnir laser cannon horse is on the list for that.

Current Goals
-Recall exercises
-Dreamsign updates
-Testing new RCs
-Rally