Author Topic: Perculiar Meditation to assist WILD  (Read 1396 times)

Offline SKA

• Comprehender
Perculiar Meditation to assist WILD
« on: August 20, 2008, 07:01:59 PM »
I thought of a rather od meditation to Clear the Mind of dayly, distractive thoughts A.K.A. The chatter of the mind by "Throwing" them out of your mind. A little visualisation of an image representing the distractive thought being hurled out of your head is what I found very effective.

Now instead of trying to frantically keep your Lucid Intention in mind while sort off trying to "fight off" distractive thoughts, use the distractive thoughts in your advantage by replacing every Distractive thought with the thought: "I will stay aware and Dream lucidly tonight" or another intention-sentence that works well for you. Yet again a little imagination might help by mentally verbalising the words in your head. If you're not too close to sleep yet you may actually vocally verbalise this intention. When you're near sleep and too tired to even speak those words just think it verbally in your Mind.

Now the more distractive thoughts you have, the more you are reminded of your Lucid intention. Instead of getting frustrated by distractive thoughts you welcome them, as they remember you of your Lucid Intention once you have linked Catching yourself on being in a distractive thought together with The rememberance of your lucid Intention.

Any thoughts?

Offline Budster

• Computer Science - Student at IUPUI
  • Synthesizer
  • Inactive beyond measure.
Re: Perculiar Meditation to assist WILD
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2008, 12:53:40 PM »
Sounds like a good idea to me. I'll try to remember to test this.
I suppose I'm not here anymore. Feel free to message me on Steam. (BUDSTER)

Offline miss_maya

• Creator's Guild
  • Evaluator
  • I will bring that flower back with me!
Re: Perculiar Meditation to assist WILD
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2009, 08:48:32 AM »
spoken like true aikido, use your enemies attack to your advantage, welcome it. lol.

:nienies: