Author Topic: Dreamer Girl  (Read 3529 times)

Offline Namaste

• Evaluator
  • Dreaming Daeva
Re: Dreamer Girl
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2010, 06:03:44 AM »
Excellent poem - I wish I auto-wrote stuff as cool as that ;)

Your art-work is very good :goodjob:

I wonder if you will have any future encounters with Scrag!
Total Lifetime LDs: 54
(53 DILDS 1 FILD - many of the DILDs have been induced by WBTB or FILD/WILD Attempts - or both)

Challenges completed
          Bas:  HA, FL, GG, SO
          Int:  CO, CP, MF, TK, DC
          Adv:  None yet (waaah!)

Offline Rebel Seven

• The Fool
  • Evaluator
  • "Falling Awake"
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2011, 06:23:15 AM »
I only just read this poem, it is phenomenal! Touched me on a deep level. It is exactly what poetry is supposed to be.
Sol rests her head on her great celestial pillow, and I rise from my sun-soaked slumber to claim the night.

Offline Vex

• Lord of the Rings
  • Ambassador Guild
  • Evaluator
  • Ex Kitten
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2013, 12:35:07 AM »
I am going to resurrect this with the hopes that I can add something to it at least once a month. And a very, very, very belated thank you to everyone who replied. God dammit I'm neglectful.

I need to add that Scrag is the reason I thought about this thread again. I recently bought a black hat from a second hand store for the hell of it. I thought it might look cool to wear it and look ominous when I don't want to be bothered by people. I finally put it on the other day, looked in the mirror and first thing I said was, "Holy shit. I'm Scrag!" The hat is big and floppy and kind of worn looking. My hair, which has grown very long, hung sloppily down on both sides of my face. I am not as rough looking as Scrag but feel like it mentally sometimes. The association with Scrag was instant. I then thought of the image I drew, which made me think of this thread, which made me think I should try creatively expressing my dreams again. And so here I am. Hopefully I'll throw something in here soon.

:peek:
The impossible is possible tonight. ~Smashing Pumpkins 
https://twitter.com/MortalMist/status/473630187901317120

Offline Sunshine

• Research Guild
  • Evaluator
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2013, 06:31:17 AM »
(content removed by user request)
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 07:04:01 PM by pj »

Offline Vex

• Lord of the Rings
  • Ambassador Guild
  • Evaluator
  • Ex Kitten
I Always Feel Like...
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2013, 06:47:04 PM »
Thanks. I do miss getting lost in art work. It was always more about the getting lost in it than the end product. Though if a great end product came out if it that was a bonus.

Here's a sketch of some HI I had last week. Not the prettiest but it does the trick.
I Always Feel Like...

Offline Shellidfl

• Doing "It" all night long... LDing, that is!
  • Evaluator
  • "Try not. Do, or do not. There is no try."
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2013, 08:11:46 PM »
Is that what you called it, VK?  "I Always Feel Like"?  I got the strange sensation to sing along... "somebody's watching me". (An old mid 80's song).
Very interesting visual, and well done. You really get the sense that all the eyes are looking at the one spot on the sketch.  You have great talents!  (visual art, Haiku's, photography....)

Offline howitzer

• jATION the ©REATION
  • Evaluator
Re: I Always Feel Like...
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2013, 08:14:57 PM »
Thanks. I do miss getting lost in art work. It was always more about the getting lost in it than the end product. Though if a great end product came out if it that was a bonus.

Here's a sketch of some HI I had last week. Not the prettiest but it does the trick.
I Always Feel Like...

Somebody is watching me.....

Very cool!
Yes, to get " lost in art work"
That's when the good stuff happens. When there is no end product or no relevance of time.
Nice work and a great poem too!
I'll see it when I believe it.

Offline Shellidfl

• Doing "It" all night long... LDing, that is!
  • Evaluator
  • "Try not. Do, or do not. There is no try."
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2013, 08:19:28 PM »
Wow!  Deja vu, Howitzer! :D

Offline Sunshine

• Research Guild
  • Evaluator
« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2013, 06:30:59 AM »

Offline Vex

• Lord of the Rings
  • Ambassador Guild
  • Evaluator
  • Ex Kitten
« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2013, 11:11:46 PM »
Shellidfl, Thanks and yeah, it's named after that song. It's what popped into my head when I was trying to think of something to name it.

Howitzer, Thanks. It's been a long time since I've been lost that way. I miss it. Nothing existed but me, pencil and paper. Oh, by the way, this reminds me of something weird that happened when I went to see the Titanic at the theater recently. In the scene where Leo is sketching that girl, my fingers started twitching as if I was sketching too. It was creepy and funny at the same time. If my hands had minds of their own they would probably be drawing non stop.

Moonbeam, Thanks. Maybe I'll create a cleaner version of that one. Something to hang on the wall and creep people out.

Offline Vex

• Lord of the Rings
  • Ambassador Guild
  • Evaluator
  • Ex Kitten
« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2013, 12:42:32 AM »
Just cuz he was so damn adorable in the dream, even though he stopped me from RCing:
The one,
The only,
King of Rock & Geekiness....

Offline Vex

• Lord of the Rings
  • Ambassador Guild
  • Evaluator
  • Ex Kitten
« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2013, 12:45:56 AM »
A very simple and quick scribble up of the singing elf from my dream. Might reimage her and ink her up one night when I can't sleep.
While I can't draw as well as I think I should, this turned out not too horrible. Lets pretend the disproportionate parts were intentional.  ;)

Offline howitzer

• jATION the ©REATION
  • Evaluator
« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2013, 07:18:52 AM »
Very nice work Vexx -It doesn't look disproportionate to me. Actually the subtle lines that make the human figure so difficult to draw look very good!

Howitzer, Thanks. It's been a long time since I've been lost that way. I miss it. Nothing existed but me, pencil and paper. Oh, by the way, this reminds me of something weird that happened when I went to see the Titanic at the theater recently. In the scene where Leo is sketching that girl, my fingers started twitching as if I was sketching too. It was creepy and funny at the same time. If my hands had minds of their own they would probably be drawing non stop.

That's pretty cool. I think our mind is taking on unconscious endeavors all day long as we do our conscious thing. The more we get wrapped up in the practice of drawing our eye seems to train itself to see the compositions in life that work. A lot similar to lucid dreaming in many aspects, awareness on a conscious and subconscious level!
Keep on sketching!!!!!
I'll see it when I believe it.

Offline pj

• Learning.
  • Technical Guild
  • Evaluator
  • We are made of such stuff as dreams are made of.
« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2013, 07:22:03 AM »
It is a lovely rendering, IMHO!  Drawing is about communication, and your communication is certainly effective.
What truly matters is not built of right and wrong; but of grace, and of love.

--pj

Offline Sunshine

• Research Guild
  • Evaluator
« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2013, 09:55:26 AM »