Author Topic: Vex's Dream Journalette  (Read 2977 times)

Offline Vex

• Lord of the Rings
  • Ambassador Guild
  • Evaluator
  • Ex Kitten
Vex's Dream Journalette
« on: February 01, 2010, 08:38:26 AM »
« Last Edit: February 01, 2010, 02:24:28 PM by Vex Kitten »
The impossible is possible tonight. ~Smashing Pumpkins 
https://twitter.com/MortalMist/status/473630187901317120

Offline Vex

• Lord of the Rings
  • Ambassador Guild
  • Evaluator
  • Ex Kitten
Re: Vex's Dream Journalette
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2010, 12:22:51 AM »
Bright and Beautiful
I am somewhere (can't recall where) but I hear the most charming piano music, sounds like a music box. It's very lull-a-bye-like yet lively. It makes me think of a little girl. Some little girl somewhere that I once knew? I think that she'd really like this music. I hum along with it and suddenly I erupt into poetry. The poetry turns into song. I'm singing about the girl, singing in a voice that is high and light and entirely not my own.
I have to remember this song. I repeat it again and again...

FA - DJing
I wake up on the couch. I grab my journal and scribble about the piano music and am about to jot down the song I was singing but it slips my mind. The only line I can remember is... "You are all things bright and beautiful." I know there is a song with that line in it, I heard it before but can't remember where. I try to recall the entire song but only the one line plays over and over in my mind. I must drift back to sleep, don't recall anything after this.

Offline Namaste

• Evaluator
  • Dreaming Daeva
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2010, 12:41:40 PM »
The dream with the little girl seemed kind of ghostly! Almost like a possession with the girl singing through you.

There was certainly a lot of music in the dreams.
Total Lifetime LDs: 54
(53 DILDS 1 FILD - many of the DILDs have been induced by WBTB or FILD/WILD Attempts - or both)

Challenges completed
          Bas:  HA, FL, GG, SO
          Int:  CO, CP, MF, TK, DC
          Adv:  None yet (waaah!)

Offline StarSeeker

• Ambassador Guild
  • Evaluator
  • I wish you the stars.
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2010, 02:48:39 PM »
Bright and Beautiful
I am somewhere (can't recall where) but I hear the most charming piano music, sounds like a music box. It's very lull-a-bye-like yet lively. It makes me think of a little girl. Some little girl somewhere that I once knew? I think that she'd really like this music. I hum along with it and suddenly I erupt into poetry. The poetry turns into song. I'm singing about the girl, singing in a voice that is high and light and entirely not my own.
I have to remember this song. I repeat it again and again...
Nice transition from music to poetry. Also, that association with the little girl seemed relevant.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2010, 06:05:04 PM by StarSeeker »
DJ:Oniric Archive
Awake Journal: Wild experiences on the StarS
-----------------

Sweet dreams old friends, sweet dreams.

Offline mu

• Ishmael
  • Technical Guild
  • Evaluator
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2010, 02:53:54 AM »
Images
The piano music and music box are very vivid images.  :hrm:  Well.. and sounds.  Everything else seems to revolve around them, and it's hard not to imagine something like 19th century England, or something.  Like Alice in Wonderland.

Sensations
How could it be anything but pleasant?  Meandering, daydream-like.

Emotions
Calm, like flying a kite.  Uh, it reminds me of one time I was flying a kite, when I was a kid, all pleasantly like this.

I'm drawn to say
You didn't want that pleasantness to slip away at the end.  Who could blame you?  :)

Mood
:content:

Offline Burned up

• Burning candles at both ends
  • Project leader
  • Evaluator
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2010, 08:53:12 AM »
I still want to meet that girl!

The whole dream just emits niceness.  The music, the words, the girl.  I want to lie down in the sunshine and have these images wash over me!!!
Bu

Offline Lucidbulbs

• Cafe Queen
  • Evaluator
  • Mmmm Lattes~
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2010, 12:12:01 AM »
Ah, the music one felt so sweet and airy and happy that I am smiling even now :) Your inner child is peeping out?

The FA made me sad though, like a sort of loss of childhood thing... Probably because you "woke up" from something so pure only to have it diluted by a tired mind.
Back from the dead...let's hope I'll stick to it.

DILD: 2
MILD:1
WILD:

Offline Vex

• Lord of the Rings
  • Ambassador Guild
  • Evaluator
  • Ex Kitten
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2010, 04:16:16 PM »
Thanks for all the responses. They've given me much to think about.

Namaste: It was like a possession. It was someone singing through me but it wasn't unwelcome, just odd.

Starseeker: The girl, the music, the singing, the entire dream is not typical for me. It stands out from the rest and the girl, whoever she was, the memory of her was like a name on the tip of my tongue.

mu: The overall pleasantness of that dream is what makes it stand out so vividly from my other dreams that week. I wish I could get back to that state of mind.

Burned up: I'd like to meet her too, anyone who can inspire me to erupt into spontaneous poetry and song MUST be met.

Lucidbulbs: I smile too thinking about that dream, for various reasons. It's very rare that the memory of a dream (or any memory for that matter) can make me smile with such immaculate affinity.

Offline mu

• Ishmael
  • Technical Guild
  • Evaluator
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2010, 12:49:06 AM »
Hey, I came in here to reply to your second dream (cough).  But I was going to tell you that the music box was so nice that it seems to have gotten into mine the other night.  :content:

Offline Sunshine

• Research Guild
  • Evaluator
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2010, 03:44:18 PM »
(content removed by user request)
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 07:04:01 PM by pj »

Offline Vex

• Lord of the Rings
  • Ambassador Guild
  • Evaluator
  • Ex Kitten
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2010, 12:37:03 PM »
mu: Sorry bout that. I've been entangled in my text books and half a dozen assignments and haven't had the time to get to a second dream yet.
You had a visit from a music box too? i'll have to check that out.

Moonbeam: I probably could have if that one last line of the song didn't change the course of my thoughts.