Author Topic: 02 - Responding to dreams of others. Providing feedback.  (Read 2466 times)

Offline Burned up

• Burning candles at both ends
  • Project leader
  • Evaluator
02 - Responding to dreams of others. Providing feedback.
« on: February 03, 2010, 11:31:49 AM »
Bu

Offline pj

• Learning.
  • Technical Guild
  • Evaluator
  • We are made of such stuff as dreams are made of.
Re: 02 - Responding to dreams of others. Providing feedback.
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2010, 09:06:20 AM »
You know - this seemingly (but not actually) basic exercise in allowing ourselves to experience the dreams of others is really the heart and soul of MM, even beyond our lucid dreaming focus.  The activity here is in the dream journals.  The conversations are mostly about dreams in the dream journals.  We really get to know each other through our shared dreams and those related discussions.

And it IS a bit of an art to just let yourself go and immerse yourself in the dreams of others, isn't it?
What truly matters is not built of right and wrong; but of grace, and of love.

--pj

Offline Burned up

• Burning candles at both ends
  • Project leader
  • Evaluator
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2010, 04:58:37 PM »
You know - this seemingly (but not actually) basic exercise in allowing ourselves to experience the dreams of others is really the heart and soul of MM, even beyond our lucid dreaming focus.  The activity here is in the dream journals.  The conversations are mostly about dreams in the dream journals.  We really get to know each other through our shared dreams and those related discussions.

And it IS a bit of an art to just let yourself go and immerse yourself in the dreams of others, isn't it?

Up to a couple of years ago I would have resisted the word "art"!  But that aside, yes for some of us especially it's hard.  I for one habitually engage my thinking brain before my intuitive brain.

Yes, I think all we're doing here is what we do anyway.  But perhaps we're focusing more on what is going on for each of us.  At least I hope so.  As I said at the start, I don't have the answers.  We're all experts in being ourselves.  And I think that's something we shouldn't understate in our dream sharing.

And I agree about getting to know each other through dreams.  I don't know what anyone looks like, I don't know many real names, I have a general idea of ages and domiciles and mostly whether we're female or male.  But I do think I know quite a few people here through reading their dreams, and how they respond to mine.
Bu

Offline StarSeeker

• Ambassador Guild
  • Evaluator
  • I wish you the stars.
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2010, 05:47:28 PM »
And I agree about getting to know each other through dreams.  I don't know what anyone looks like, I don't know many real names, I have a general idea of ages and domiciles and mostly whether we're female or male.  But I do think I know quite a few people here through reading their dreams, and how they respond to mine.
Well said!
DJ:Oniric Archive
Awake Journal: Wild experiences on the StarS
-----------------

Sweet dreams old friends, sweet dreams.