Author Topic: The Next Step - NOW is the time!  (Read 2464 times)

Offline pj

• Learning.
  • Technical Guild
  • Evaluator
  • We are made of such stuff as dreams are made of.
The Next Step - NOW is the time!
« on: February 25, 2010, 11:01:17 AM »
The efforts to raise our visibility are really starting to pay off.  We have gone in the past 30 days from one hit from the keyword "lucid dreaming" to 98 - and from a position in the high 40's to 17 - and rising.  This is for "lucid dreaming", but not yet for "lucid dream" or any of the other more readily available terms we have identified so far.

Second page positioning will be a self-perpetuating thing.  The term "lucid dreaming" is searched on 110,000 times globally per month!  A tenth of 1% of that is 110 hits - and we're at 98, so we're currently capturing about that.  We've really risen to this position just in the past ten days or so.  (This isn't our physical position yet - that still varies quite a bit, but we are the 17th most clicked on link for Lucid Dreaming as of today.)

So the visits to the front pages are going up, mu has completed the new system to allow anybody to create and modify the front end, and we have settled on a mission statement.

Now is the time to get focused on getting at least the main page redesigned.  Once that is done, we will initiate an adwords campaign on some strategically chosen terms - which, for a time, will have us on the front page, so the design needs to carefully consider our goal of getting people into the forum.

A thread should be started in the appropriate guild, I guess.  People who want to be involved need to contact Aegis to be granted permission to create and edit the pages.  Everything needs to be done with an eye toward our mission.

We are on the verge of what will likely be a pretty exciting time here at Mortal Mist.  I know there hasn't been an awful lot of activity lately, but there are some very exciting things going on.  I would love to bring more focus to what Dr. T's been working on, for one thing.  We need to somehow raise awareness of our featured challenges, meeting place and the catalog of techniques and surrounding discussion we have accumulated here.  The Tagging System, Dream Catcher and Dream Roulette could all provide excellent draws if properly framed and focused up front.

Our second anniversary is coming up quickly, and with it, I suspect, the end of our being an obscure and quiet little corner of the lucid dreaming world.  We need to be ready, clear on our mission and committed to our standards if we are going to continue in the direction we have chosen.

Onward!
« Last Edit: February 25, 2010, 11:09:01 AM by pj »
What truly matters is not built of right and wrong; but of grace, and of love.

--pj

Offline DrTechnical

• Lead Tangential Thinker
  • Research Guild
  • Evaluator
Re: The Next Step - NOW is the time!
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2010, 11:19:32 AM »
Awesome job everyone, on enhancing visibility for the site.

BTW, I have two more NeuroTreks headed my way. So if people haven't taken a look at the call for participation in the research guild folder, have a peek. Some credit here is due Tom, who found a person who was in a position to help round up a few.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2010, 12:15:32 PM by DrTechnical »
"In a fearful stampede to save themselves from the terrifying menace of an original idea, the herd can become a mindless destroyer of the light." - Thomas Campbell

"I just had to get nice last night. My Mind is so free, you wouldn't believe ... you wouldn't believe" - Dave Wyndorf

"I don't understand. How can less be more? That's impossible. More is more." - Yngwie Malmsteen

Offline pj

• Learning.
  • Technical Guild
  • Evaluator
  • We are made of such stuff as dreams are made of.
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2010, 11:26:07 AM »
It's even better than I mention up there in some ways. . . we have real first-page placement for "lucid dreaming tutorial" and "lucid dream forum", and a many more low first-page and second page hits.

Back links are still key, and we've risen to this position without a whole lot of them.  We are willing to link-swap with pretty much anybody who will reciprocate, and have a page of links up front for that.  For those who are involved in other forums where it would be appropriate and not spammy to link back to us or to specific threads or pages here, please do!
« Last Edit: February 25, 2010, 02:46:42 PM by pj »
What truly matters is not built of right and wrong; but of grace, and of love.

--pj

Offline StarSeeker

• Ambassador Guild
  • Evaluator
  • I wish you the stars.
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2010, 12:48:00 PM »
Wow, we are really evolving!

This is great!
DJ:Oniric Archive
Awake Journal: Wild experiences on the StarS
-----------------

Sweet dreams old friends, sweet dreams.

Offline mu

• Ishmael
  • Technical Guild
  • Evaluator
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2010, 02:37:47 PM »
Fantastic news about the positions!

BTW, DrTechnical, if you'd like to have a couple of pages up front bringing attention to what you're doing, you're more than welcome.

We do need to think of an exciting way to present the dream tags, catcher, and roulette up front.  Some images and short descriptions to go with them?