Author Topic: deciding to have a lucid dream  (Read 2428 times)

Offline arliatis

• ghjkjhg
  • Ambassador Guild
  • Evaluator
deciding to have a lucid dream
« on: February 19, 2011, 12:15:39 AM »
I'm not sure if somebody's already discussed this, but i noticed after last night what might possibly be considered a new induction method.

I woke up in the morning because of the light and i wanted to have a lucid dream when i went back to sleep. I just went to sleep not trying to WILD or MILD but told myself once with out any repetition or anything that i was going to be aware in my dream. I guess it could be considered an effect of WBTB, but i feel it was something more, like i told my brain fact-like that i was going to be lucid next dream, and as a result i was more aware than normal.
Beg: FL, SO, RC, TR, ND, TD, EF, LW, CL
Int: BI, TP, DC, MF, WA, CO, CP, MO, TK, DF, WW, JR
Adv: LW, SC, TT, VP, OS

Completed May Advanced Lucid Challenge

Offline pj

• Learning.
  • Technical Guild
  • Evaluator
  • We are made of such stuff as dreams are made of.
Re: deciding to have a lucid dream
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2011, 08:54:48 AM »
I think what you experienced was probably simple (but profoundly important and effective) intent!  You established your resolve, verbalized it forcefully and once, and then did it.
What truly matters is not built of right and wrong; but of grace, and of love.

--pj

Offline Sunshine

• Research Guild
  • Evaluator
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2011, 10:19:32 AM »
(content removed by user request)
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 07:04:01 PM by pj »

Offline pj

• Learning.
  • Technical Guild
  • Evaluator
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2011, 10:51:37 AM »
Been thinking about this since my first post.

Milton Ericson, the guy who really brought hypnosis out of the realm of entertainment, was often able to use simple, direct commands as inductions and for effectively planting suggestion.

--pj

Offline arliatis

• ghjkjhg
  • Ambassador Guild
  • Evaluator
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2011, 12:28:51 AM »
I think what you experienced was probably simple (but profoundly important and effective) intent!  You established your resolve, verbalized it forcefully and once, and then did it.

Its made me think a bit, so often we hope for a lucid dream, but not expect it. Perhaps i should show intent more often, might work..... will work.

:goodjob:

You should consider this to be something that will always be effective for you.  When you consciously make that decision at that special time, you WILL get lucid when you go back to sleep.  That's just how it is. 

There seem to be those conditions that always work for people; like everybody has their special way that always works, but it can be easier or harder depending on the person.  It's kind of like my POILD (pissed-off ILD), when I get to this special state of extreme annoyance at failing, and my SC finally lets it happen.  For you, just the conscious decision that it IS going to happen is enough.  (Which is better than having to get to some particular emotional state of annoyance in the middle of the night, like me, lol.  Usually I just fall back asleep before I get there.)

I get POILD's every once in a while, funny how it works like that pretty sure its what caused my first lucid dream. The problem is i'm not completely sure of my emotional state. I wasn't angry or annoyed that i hadn't gotten lucid, but more so that i 'felt' like a lucid (like i feel like pie right now). But how do i recreate a state like that?

Been thinking about this since my first post.

Milton Ericson, the guy who really brought hypnosis out of the realm of entertainment, was often able to use simple, direct commands as inductions and for effectively planting suggestion.

hmmm would be interesting to see him do this, is there an example on youtube?
Beg: FL, SO, RC, TR, ND, TD, EF, LW, CL
Int: BI, TP, DC, MF, WA, CO, CP, MO, TK, DF, WW, JR
Adv: LW, SC, TT, VP, OS

Completed May Advanced Lucid Challenge

Offline pj

• Learning.
  • Technical Guild
  • Evaluator
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2011, 08:58:22 AM »
Do a search for clips by Milton Erickson.  I've seen a couple things, but his work was early to mid 20th century and mostly recorded in writing.

--pj