Author Topic: Badges  (Read 31342 times)

Offline Rebel Seven

• The Fool
  • Evaluator
  • "Falling Awake"
Re: Badges
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2011, 03:49:58 AM »
It's fun to do :content: and great start!

Did you phase through the concrete walls or break through them? If you flew through them without breaking them you qualify for the BI badge too!

:greenstars:
Sol rests her head on her great celestial pillow, and I rise from my sun-soaked slumber to claim the night.

Offline Alex Lou

• the scattered
  • Evaluator
  • Inaccurate Count
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2011, 04:25:02 AM »
Oh, yes.  I phased through.  I guess I was too busy thinking about how I missed out on passing through glass.   :D

Offline StarSeeker

• Ambassador Guild
  • Evaluator
  • I wish you the stars.
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2011, 03:02:50 AM »
October 20th

Lucid. In the middle of a big open tower, in a colourful Arabesque style. There were several windows.
I decided to go and try the lucid tasks. Tried to lift myself in air by will. Didn't work. I put my hands down and sent some energy beams to lift myself. I manoeuvred a bit up there, and then swept back down towards a window. I passed myself to the other side, partly through the window, partly through the wall. It was as if the wall and window were liquids.
In the other side, as I think of this, I start swimming in the air (not by conscious decision, it just happened). I passed yet through another wall. I noticed my breathing changed automatically, I got a bit worried, and I got myself back through the limbo

When I noticed, I was at a computer, (possibly on MM talking to Wolvendeer).
Maybe this can get me two or three badges :)
No RC here though.
DJ:Oniric Archive
Awake Journal: Wild experiences on the StarS
-----------------

Sweet dreams old friends, sweet dreams.

Offline Rebel Seven

• The Fool
  • Evaluator
  • "Falling Awake"
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2011, 03:57:43 AM »
Great Job Star! How does three badges sound? :D

Sol rests her head on her great celestial pillow, and I rise from my sun-soaked slumber to claim the night.

Offline StarSeeker

• Ambassador Guild
  • Evaluator
  • I wish you the stars.
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2011, 01:33:54 PM »
Great Job Star! How does three badges sound? :D

Well, I didn't become insubstantial. I was thinking of the flying through window one.
-----------------

Offline Rebel Seven

• The Fool
  • Evaluator
  • "Falling Awake"
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2011, 02:22:02 PM »
Oh I see. I will switch those out.

Offline StarSeeker

• Ambassador Guild
  • Evaluator
  • I wish you the stars.
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2011, 02:32:20 PM »
:bunny:
-----------------

Offline mentalenforcer

• Evaluator
  • If you are not someone else...
« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2011, 07:10:30 PM »
Finally a couple lucids!

http://mortalmist.com/forum/index.php?topic=2545.msg123536#msg123536

During a lull in the traffic, I cross the intersection and head east on foot.  There's a gradual downhill slope, so I let myself hover in a long step as I fall with the road.  I notice the similarity to what I've done in dreams, although the slope seems to explain it, and this feels like waking reality.  But I decide to test it anyway.  I try using levitation to raise myself up.  This works.  I gain height that can't be explained by the downward slope, so I must be dreaming, though it still doesn't feel like it.  I can't think offhand of what I should do.  For now, I continue where I had been heading.

Dream 3:
Flying in my childhood home, I decide it would be nice to fortify my dream body.  Wondering if flying into the sun would help with that, I start upward toward the curved ceiling, planning to smash through.  Sensing the sun far on the other side, I have second thoughts about that action.  The sun feels very powerful.  Instead, I fly to the wall.  At first, tracing an oval using a finger from each hand, then going over it again a few times with increasing force until I'm cutting through the foam wall with my fingers.  It's thick, but I get through.  I fly out through the new window, then turn to place the oval section of wall back in the hole.  It no longer fits!  This doesn't quite make sense.  Though part of the width had been taken away when I cut it, the section was thick enough it should have fit when placed inward a few inches from it's initial position.  Then I notice the problem.  The foam wall of the house is deformed under stress.  The section I removed has relaxed, taking its natural shape.  Without re-stressing it, it's too small to fit.  I apologize to my mom for ruining her house, then fly around the trees.  There's a crowd of people outside.

Still with the crowd, we're now inside a rectangular room with a large meeting table.  I fly around a bit while some below read my memoirs.  My mother is pleased by something I'd written about her.  I guess she's not too upset about the house.  I overhear someone mention 'superman' while I'm flying.  I land at the side, then find something fun to do.  There's a chalk rail with chalk spread out on it.  I line myself up and blow at it.  The chalk pieces all get knocked back and gather at the far side of the rail.  Someone comments that it's too bad I couldn't have done it with more force.  I explain that I didn't want to knock them off the rail completely.  Then I blow at them again from across the rail.  The blow turns into a whistle, which turns into a sonic laser as I tune in to a specific frequency that lifts the bits of chalk and suspends them in the air.  I move them with the whistle halfway to the table, then let them drop.  The guy nearest the chalk complains about his ears.  I think I probably did permanent damage to his hearing, and perhaps the others as well, though they don't seem to notice.  I'm immune, but the others probably aren't.  I then get in a discussion with some about the 'quantum whistling' effects of what I did, exploiting quantum mechanics to trap the chalk with a precise vibration.

I wasn't thinking about the tasks during these dreams, so depending on whether that's required I may have satisfied the conditions for several.

The first dream had an RC, which was to levitate, so that should knock out the RC and FL tasks.  The second dream, I flew through the artificial window I made.

I think I did not use telekinesis or magic.  Hovering that chalk in the air was science!  Telekinesis feels different.  The closest I came to magic would have been my immunity to the sound, or generating the sound in the first place (or perhaps blowing the chalk across the rail).  I assume flying doesn't count as magic, or magic would be redundant.  I'm not really sure what magic is!   :ashamed2:

Offline IndigoGhost

• ???????~StarMan*
  • Research Guild
  • Evaluator
  • ???~???????~???
« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2011, 04:28:58 PM »
I assume flying doesn't count as magic, or magic would be redundant.  I'm not really sure what magic is!   :ashamed2:

I assume it counts if you were dressed as a wizard harry.
http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/7981/indistarsygoooooooooooo.png
????+ Spirulina +????+?????+????+ Lion' s??+ Probiotic Acidophilus?

Offline Rebel Seven

• The Fool
  • Evaluator
  • "Falling Awake"
« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2011, 09:09:05 PM »
Finally a couple lucids!

http://mortalmist.com/forum/index.php?topic=2545.msg123536#msg123536

I wasn't thinking about the tasks during these dreams, so depending on whether that's required I may have satisfied the conditions for several.

The first dream had an RC, which was to levitate, so that should knock out the RC and FL tasks.  The second dream, I flew through the artificial window I made.

I think I did not use telekinesis or magic.  Hovering that chalk in the air was science!  Telekinesis feels different.  The closest I came to magic would have been my immunity to the sound, or generating the sound in the first place (or perhaps blowing the chalk across the rail).  I assume flying doesn't count as magic, or magic would be redundant.  I'm not really sure what magic is!   :ashamed2:

Cool dream! I have definitely awarded the RC FL and Window badges. Magic would be anything magical that isn't covered by another badge, I purposely left the Magic badge vague to encourage dreamers to try something different. I would say that the sonic-kinesis qualifies, but you might not if you were arguing in the dream that it was scientific. So I will let it be your call. Did you use magic?

And congrats! :greenstars:

Offline mentalenforcer

• Evaluator
  • If you are not someone else...
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2011, 05:42:12 PM »
Cool dream! I have definitely awarded the RC FL and Window badges. Magic would be anything magical that isn't covered by another badge, I purposely left the Magic badge vague to encourage dreamers to try something different. I would say that the sonic-kinesis qualifies, but you might not if you were arguing in the dream that it was scientific. So I will let it be your call. Did you use magic?

And congrats! :greenstars:

Thanks!

The sonic kinesis effect itself wasn't magic.  The physical laws of the dream world did that.  There was some magic involved in the initial blowing of the chalk, to make the blast more forceful.  There was magic in place to protect my hearing from the loud sound, in case it became too much.  There was also magic in the second blowing of the chalk that turned into an a coherent whistle at a specific frequency, though I'm not sure if maintaining it took magic.  Feeling the chalk to help zero in on the frequency, based on its response, was probably magical too.

None of them are tremendously flashy.  The most overt one was blowing on the chalk the first time.  Oh, I just remembered.  I also used a bit of magic to cut through the wall of the house with my two fingers.

So if you think any of those are good enough to qualify for it, then I did use magic.  The sonic kinesis effect did not feel like magic though, so I wouldn't count it.

Offline Rebel Seven

• The Fool
  • Evaluator
  • "Falling Awake"
« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2011, 12:21:49 AM »
Good enough for me!

Offline evergrass

• Forest Spirit
  • Synthesizer
  • We are fighting dreamers!
« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2011, 12:38:58 AM »
Oh man i better catch up! look at you pros with all 'dem shiny badges.  :chase::chase2: 
"you can kill the dreamer...but you cannot kill the dream."                                                               Rev. Samuel Kyles

Offline TJ Lifeless

• Pie Envy
  • Analyzer
« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2011, 09:30:24 PM »
I do believe I'm trying for the TD Task, telling a DC they're a dream.

I had to go to the bathroom first. I walked inside, and the dream started to get a little crazy. There was just a...feeling that it had changed suddenly. It wasn't as bright as before, the colors in the bathroom were more muted and gritty. There was no kiddie theme like the restaurant (red and yellow and checkerboard) and instead had dark, navy blue walls and off-white tiles. I was standing back, kind of an out of body moment where I was watching the events. A woman in a purple shirt was washing her hands when Harry Potter ran in. I kind of jumped into his body temporarily. He was freaked out and panicky and grabbed the woman and told her she needed to leave. She was scared and didn't know what he was talking about and asked why. I had my lucid moment, telling her that this was a dream and she was just a character in it and she needed to leave before something bad happened. She was still confused, but the dream took a sudden, and slightly terrifying turn. As I was in realization that I was dreaming, suddenly Harry's face completely spazzed out, as did the rest of what I could see. Everything got jagged and began to shake violently as he screamed some weird kind of distorted scream that literally woke me up from my dream from how weird and terrifying it was.

Or maybe it was too fail. >.>
I am the Eye that hears all

Offline Rebel Seven

• The Fool
  • Evaluator
  • "Falling Awake"
« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2011, 09:41:56 PM »
That was definitely good enough for a badge :D congrats! :greenstars: