Author Topic: Sunken Ship  (Read 626 times)

Offline Relyt

• Analyzer
  • Just the Grin
Sunken Ship
« on: May 21, 2013, 10:56:51 PM »

I already posted what I think it means, but I'm curious to see what you guys might have to say about it. I copied and pasted the dream from my journal below...

Sunken Ship

I'm on the phone with my best friend, D. He's asking what I want for me upcoming birthday. I list off a few Nintendo 3DS games: Fire Emblem, Zelda, and a few others. I hear what sounds like the Nintendo 64 game, Zelda: Ocarina of Time, in the background of the call and ask about it.
<Dream Shift>
I'm at D's house watching him play Zelda:Ocarina of Time. He is playing the mini game at Zora's Domain. I notice a few errors in the mini game's setup and then try to justify it instead of realizing that I was dreaming.
<Dream Shift>
I'm at Zora's Domain, near where Jabu-Jabu is during the early parts of the game. It is the later part of the game, where Zora's Domain has been covered in snow and ice. There is a patch for a magic bean near the edge of the area where there should not be. I go to it and there is a pirate who reminds me of Captain Barbossa from Pirates of the Carribbean and a little girl. There is a lone sunken ship that I can see through the cold water to the right of me and the group. I get the impression that the little girl's family has drowned in the ship and that she wants to save them. The captain then began some sort of ritual or spell. He talks about the purity of the little girl and her innocence and to harness that power in order to make the ship rise from the depths of the lake. (It sounded very epic in the dream and I am not doing it justice here). Then a ray of light fires down from the sky onto the magic bean soil patch and causes a sunflower to grow there. The ship then rises, displacing all of the cold water in its path. The visuals are similar a scene from  another Zelda game, Zelda: Majora's Mask. In particular, when the Woodfall Temple rises from the swamp. At this point I am watching the group, myself included, approach the newly risen ship. They swim towards the ship through the ice cold water. I couldn't feel the water, or the sensation of movement for that matter, but I knew the water must be very cold. Once inside, there is a ballroom with many skeletons sitting, standing, as if they died where they stood in an instant. But they were surrounded by light and were dissipating into light themselves and rising up out of the ship through the ceiling. I then understood that the little girl was actually one of the dead people from the ship and that she had come out to save everyone else. Shes then dissipates into light herself and rises away.

Commentary

I believe that the sunken ship represents my relationship with D. Him and I have been friends for a very long time but lately he has been ignoring me/pushing me away for reasons I don't know. The fact that it rises in the end could represent me moving on and accepting that he doesn't want to be my friend anymore or resolving whatever the problem is. I connect these two ideas together because this was on my mind before I went to sleep that night and because it didn't take much thought for my brain to come up with an explanation. It came very quickly. This makes me think that the neurons in my brain were already connected in these areas. I'm not a neuroscientist. Feel free to correct me on that.

Colors:   Blue:     Dream
            Green:   Lucid
            Orange: Dream Shift
-Oh, no, no. I was just wondering if you could help me find my way.
          -Well that depends on where you want to get to.
-Oh, it really doesn't matter, as long as...
          -Then it really doesn't matter which way you go.
                                                                                Lewis Carroll