Author Topic: DILD -> Gravity RC  (Read 14014 times)

Offline Azul

• XIII
  • Analyzer
Re: DILD -> Gravity RC
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2014, 02:00:18 AM »
"Do the best of someone better."

Offline Naiya

• Evaluator
  • Doesn't Make Sense
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2014, 04:06:57 AM »
Yay, thanks for the update hukif! :)

I'm going to really try this from now on, and hopefully have more lucids. :D

Lucid Dream Journal

Basic: FL, GG, SO, CL, LM, LC
Intermediate: CO, MF, TP, EF, IA, DC, JA
Advanced: TE, AN, MU, HP
SP: Destinations China, Egypt, England, South America, Australia via TARDIS

Offline StarSeeker

• Ambassador Guild
  • Evaluator
  • I wish you the stars.
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2014, 07:50:33 AM »
I think this technique is really worth it, but it seems hard to get a notion of your weight IRL.
DJ:Oniric Archive
Awake Journal: Wild experiences on the StarS
-----------------

Sweet dreams old friends, sweet dreams.

Offline Azul

• XIII
  • Analyzer
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2014, 02:25:57 PM »
I think this technique is really worth it, but it seems hard to get a notion of your weight IRL.

It will take some time to get used to, that's whole point of the RC. To be aware of your normal bodyweight vs dream weight. Once you've gotten used to then it will start carrying over into your dreams. When I first started for the longest time I felt really heavy IWL. After I had my first Gravity induced, I then realized I'm not heavy at all IWL. I'm at a perfect balance in between because in dreams you'll either simply be light or heavy.

Offline StarSeeker

• Ambassador Guild
  • Evaluator
  • I wish you the stars.
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2014, 02:30:06 PM »

It will take some time to get used to, that's whole point of the RC. To be aware of your normal bodyweight vs dream weight. Once you've gotten used to then it will start carrying over into your dreams. When I first started for the longest time I felt really heavy IWL. After I had my first Gravity induced, I then realized I'm not heavy at all IWL. I'm at a perfect balance in between because in dreams you'll either simply be light or heavy.
Can you even perceive your own weight IWL until you do so in dreams? I was trying that apple in one hand vs empty hand exercise (using a stapler instead of an apple), and I did not notice any difference.
DJ:Oniric Archive
Awake Journal: Wild experiences on the StarS
-----------------

Sweet dreams old friends, sweet dreams.

Offline Azul

• XIII
  • Analyzer
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2014, 02:40:39 PM »

Can you even perceive your own weight IWL until you do so in dreams? I was trying that apple in one hand vs empty hand exercise (using a stapler instead of an apple), and I did not notice any difference.

Well I think that will be different for everyone. For me it was my breakthrough of the Gravity RC and that really got me going. You will have your own revelations about it in time, I'm still having mine lol. Ok with apple, here's an example, if you pick one up in a dream and you become super heavy. Then you put it down but you're still heavy then you're definitely dreaming. Or if the apple is so damn heavy you can't lift it, well I don't have to point that one out hahaha.

Offline Shellidfl

• Doing "It" all night long... LDing, that is!
  • Evaluator
  • "Try not. Do, or do not. There is no try."
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2014, 02:41:37 PM »
StarSeeker - I just tried it while cleaning my bathroom - sponge in one hand, spray bottle in the other - I noticed the difference, and am going to try do this.  I've been doing the "notice something" RC with doors, then added stairs and mirrors - I will continue with these, and will add this as well. 

*Wondering if one day I'll just be doing RC's all day long and not be contributing anything to society...  O_O*
« Last Edit: February 07, 2014, 03:09:56 PM by Shellidfl »

Offline Azul

• XIII
  • Analyzer
« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2014, 02:52:30 PM »
Nice progression there Shelli, that's something I forgot to mention. With the Gravity RC it's best to just stick to the basics for a while. That would include; standing, walking, sitting, and lying down. Just get used to your body at first and then after while you'll be able to incorporate it into your daily activities. Hukif is a maniac when it comes to RC, he can RC just about anything lmao.

Offline VagalTone

• Comprehender
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2014, 10:22:57 AM »
Nice to see more good stuff in gravity RC  :)
In the beginning nothing comes
In the middle nothing stays
In the end nothing goes

Milarepa

Offline FryingMan

• Knower
« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2014, 06:23:06 AM »
Nice to see more good stuff in gravity RC  :)

Indeed, and I can report on my progress here too (since I'm mentioned in Hukif's update).  I've been working on ADA/RC-location since around Thanksgiving 2013.  As soon as I started ADA/RC-location I had a 3-week dry-spell (I was up to about 1-2 LDs a week at that point), then all of a sudden in mid-December I had the most dense period of LDs yet: about 1 every 2 days for 2 weeks, including my first DEILD.  I felt like I was really entering the chute of LD frequency acceleration.

I then had some major life changes, changed job, lots of stress/worry, jet lagged travel (2 weeks recovering both ways = 4 weeks jet lagged), and dreaming sucked for a while, just 2 LDs in the rest of January and pretty short.   I also am a light sleeper, if I wake up after about 5 hours I find it hard to get back to sleep.   So I'm working on relaxation and developing a steady sleep schedule.   I also have a very challenging sleep environment: noisy, bright, noisy bed partner.    So this can affect progress.

I had been experimenting with adding in more than just location awareness: also objects, and people.  I've stopped doing these since I think it was too much and was slowing down progress.   I have returned to only location (with a smattering of gravity).

Recovering from my trip and my life interruptions my recall and dreaming has returned, and I'm now recording a number of dreams with increasing detail and continuity.  I recently had a medium awareness stable LD where I was able to complete my first DV-TOTM task.   All this in my challenging environment so I think that's a great sign.

My location awareness is poking through into dreams more and more: just last night I dreamed I was walking up a hill, and looking at the ground/dirt and the vegetation I realized I must be in California.    I also found myself in a small town looking at dry cleaners and outdoor laundry facilities and wondering about these.   I also was sitting around a table in a house with a group of people, and I slowly scanned each face around the table, trying hard to figure out where I knew them from (SC then supplied a false memory and I stopped wondering!).  Now, recently, within the last month, more and more I find myself in dreams just standing and observing my surroundings, and wondering where I am.  This mirrors what I do in waking practice.    I feel like I'm on the verge of a breakthrough here in lucidity with ADA/RC-location.

I have also started a bit with gravity awareness (usually when I find myself standing in line, or somewhere where location is not changing, so I can remove some awareness from location tracking and give it all to gravity), since in a recent in-dream "stand and observe the location" moment that felt so totally realistic, I also noticed that I felt light on my feet, and I had thoughts of floating.   

I encourage everybody to try this ADA/RC approach (with a target that works for you and how you dream: could be gravity, could be breathing, could be location, etc.), and to give it the time that it deserves.   I think it holds the most promise of high frequency LDs.   Some people may be faster, some slower.   I am a relative LD beginner (only been at LD practice about 6 months altogether), and I have challenges to beat (e.g., light sleeper, noisy environment).   I'm taking the long-term view though, and I will do whatever it takes for however long.   I see steady progress when my life isn't full of turbulence, so I think it's going to really kick in for me soon!

Offline Shellidfl

• Doing "It" all night long... LDing, that is!
  • Evaluator
  • "Try not. Do, or do not. There is no try."
« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2014, 10:31:37 AM »
Fryingman

Thanks for the post, and welcome to MM!  I hope you'll start a DJ here as doing that AND reading others also can help with having lucids, as I am attest to that!.  Also, very glad to hear of others trying this great method.  I am almost a month into it, although some days I am better at it than others, as am going through various job changes/challenges (all within the same organization), but DO the RCs on a fairly regular basis, especially the gravity checks...

See you around!

Offline FryingMan

• Knower
« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2014, 03:26:53 PM »
Fryingman

Thanks for the post, and welcome to MM!  I hope you'll start a DJ here as doing that AND reading others also can help with having lucids, as I am attest to that!.  Also, very glad to hear of others trying this great method.  I am almost a month into it, although some days I am better at it than others, as am going through various job changes/challenges (all within the same organization), but DO the RCs on a fairly regular basis, especially the gravity checks...

See you around!

Thanks!   Great to be here....  yes some days are better than others in terms of keeping the attention on the RC.    I try to make a point of taking a break from work  during the work day and taking a walk to turn up the ADA/RC to "full volume."   And I've re-started using an alarm app during the work day, because I get so absorbed in my work that I tune out the RC.