Author Topic: Topic 4: Leadership  (Read 9019 times)

Offline AspirationRealized

• Aspirant Oneironaut
  • Chat Moderator
  • Evaluator
  • The Cat's Pajamas
Re: Topic 4: Leadership
« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2011, 11:16:34 PM »
Cambo, I find your first post in this thread confusing and a little bit funny. I think you are breaking up some drama that doesn't exist. I think the key confusion is the term "non-dream related things". When I was arguing with Mooni, I was talking about discussions like the one we're having right now as a non-dream related thing. The reason why your post is confusing is you were telling me to stop doing what I was doing, and then continued doing what I was doing yourself.

"Let's face facts", every single post of mine in this thread directly addressed the topic. None of it was "nonsense". As for arguing opinions, "sorry to be blunt", but welcome to discussion. Its kind of impossible not to argue opinions in a discussion; without arguing opinions, then a discussion is nothing more than a Q&A session. Things that aren't opinions aren't worth arguing anyway - if you can prove your point as a fact, not an opinion, then no discussion is necessary. Challenging opinions is an important part of discussion, and if you aren't prepared to stand by your opinion when someone does this, then in my opinion your opinion isn't worth stating.

I could go on but doing so would further derail the thread. I guess what I'm getting at is you have a misunderstanding with what was being discussed. In fact, when you disrupted the conversation by pointing out our disruption, I had just finished qualifying Mooni's last two points; in other words, our discussion converged and we even began to agree with each other.

Back on topic, Maria brings up a really good point - there could be a direct correlation between how many members we retain and how many members sign up. Furthermore the difference in our numbers for these two things and the numbers of other sites could explain why they seem to be so much more active than we are. If this is true (and I think it would be worth it to investigate this further) then can we really fix that and retain our cozy, tightly knit atmosphere? Do we want to field that many destined to be inactive players here at MM?

Indigo, I'll admit that I haven't read your idea about dream badges, but how are they any different from the monthly completed tasks? If the key difference is icons, that idea was brought up years ago, I believe it failed simply because we didn't have anyone who wanted to design the badges. Again, apologies if I'm off base here I am speaking with relative ignorance.

And finally, I don't think MM will ever be something other than a lucid dreaming site. Mooni's consistent efforts to keep us on track have earned her a favorable reputation and the appreciation of many members. But I don't see us diverging into a pointless atmosphere, the slope is not quite that slippery.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 11:51:42 PM by AspirationRealized »
Drow, drow, drow your canoe
 The stream provides flotation
 Hysterically, hysterically, hysterically, hysterically
 Existence is hallucination

...have you ever met anyone who actually changed?

Offline StarSeeker

• Ambassador Guild
  • Evaluator
  • I wish you the stars.
« Reply #31 on: September 23, 2011, 06:38:04 AM »
Many posts have been made to existing dream related threads too - journals, ongoing discussions, the Dream Study Groups and more.
Yup. I read and post on DJs every day.

Indigo, I'll admit that I haven't read your idea about dream badges, but how are they any different from the monthly completed tasks? If the key difference is icons, that idea was brought up years ago, I believe it failed simply because we didn't have anyone who wanted to design the badges. Again, apologies if I'm off base here I am speaking with relative ignorance.
Yes, IG was not the first to bring that up. And I already posted two badges I made somewhere :rolleyes:
DJ:Oniric Archive
Awake Journal: Wild experiences on the StarS
-----------------

Sweet dreams old friends, sweet dreams.

Offline Cambodia

• The Cambodian Dreamer
  • Synthesizer
  • I Wait for the Wind, and I Burn My Head Again
« Reply #32 on: September 23, 2011, 06:43:20 AM »
Cambo, I find your first post in this thread confusing and a little bit funny. I think you are breaking up some drama that doesn't exist. I think the key confusion is the term "non-dream related things". When I was arguing with Mooni, I was talking about discussions like the one we're having right now as a non-dream related thing. The reason why your post is confusing is you were telling me to stop doing what I was doing, and then continued doing what I was doing yourself.

Yeah, I'm just not going to post in serious topics anymore.  The point of posts like these always seem to go right over my head.
Cambodiafied Madness - New and Improved

Offline pj

• Learning.
  • Technical Guild
  • Evaluator
  • We are made of such stuff as dreams are made of.
« Reply #33 on: September 23, 2011, 07:25:22 AM »
Yeah, I'm just not going to post in serious topics anymore.  The point of posts like these always seem to go right over my head.

Well, I really enjoyed your post.
What truly matters is not built of right and wrong; but of grace, and of love.

--pj

Offline AspirationRealized

• Aspirant Oneironaut
  • Chat Moderator
  • Evaluator
  • The Cat's Pajamas
« Reply #34 on: September 23, 2011, 08:24:48 AM »
Don't decide to not post. The latter half of the post I was addressing was all relevant and contributing to the discussion. We like posts like that :bigsmile:
Drow, drow, drow your canoe
 The stream provides flotation
 Hysterically, hysterically, hysterically, hysterically
 Existence is hallucination

...have you ever met anyone who actually changed?