Author Topic: TIME  (Read 6477 times)

Offline greg lousy

• _--<<<::((*** & ***))::>>>--_
  • Evaluator
  • happy perpetual birthday
Re: TIME
« Reply #60 on: July 17, 2013, 03:29:02 AM »
Greg, how well can you document any extended period of time retrospectively?   I couldn't write a detailed description of the last month of my waking life, but I still know it happened.

you are very kind to respond as though my post was reasonable

fair point, but to answer, I think you could document it well enough to give a basic sense of time to the reader, especially with more singular and less routine blocks of time, vacations, lucid dreams, etc.

Jomid, I failed to see the gaunt unmatched eye guy in the photographs which leads to think he may be in my head, which isn't to say he's not in the heads of others  as well

If you originate the entire premise you have to base it on a subjective measurement of how any one individual or perspective wants to view or (use) time and how it is used in his or her life.

I agree, but its also relevant that we're all on the same thin and very specific line of evolution
........ and I cannot find my way back to the sea, but the saltiest sea knows its own way to me    -   Joanna Newsome

Offline Sunshine

• Research Guild
  • Evaluator
« Reply #61 on: July 17, 2013, 06:30:57 AM »
(content removed by user request)
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 07:04:01 PM by pj »

Offline greg lousy

• Evaluator
« Reply #62 on: July 18, 2013, 02:02:30 AM »
I understand why you are doubting, and why you think if people are making claims they should be able to back them up with a little evidence.

Ah! so you noticed the part where I tried on your hat (felt a little tight)

I'm not really trying to analyze evidence and come up with a verdict here.  I'm open to the idea and dubious only of its extremes. 
That being said, I would definitely check out any of your dreams you direct me to
........ and I cannot find my way back to the sea, but the saltiest sea knows its own way to me    -   Joanna Newsome

Offline Sunshine

• Research Guild
  • Evaluator
« Reply #63 on: July 18, 2013, 06:13:09 AM »
(content removed by user request)
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 07:04:01 PM by pj »

Offline greg lousy

• Evaluator
« Reply #64 on: July 18, 2013, 06:56:20 PM »
I think this thread influenced a dream image/idea I had this morning, just before waking - time was a shape, not an onion, but to try to describe it, lets make it an onion.  Something like the experience of moving directly through an onion compared to the experience of moving up and around inside each layer. Kind of like - onion experienced by bullet versus onion experienced by a tiny onion bug who can't even see side to side, just straight ahead in a linear fashion, pretty much forever experiencing the same onion.  Not sure which one we are

Offline Shellidfl

• Doing "It" all night long... LDing, that is!
  • Evaluator
  • "Try not. Do, or do not. There is no try."
« Reply #65 on: July 19, 2013, 07:22:52 AM »
Wow!  I like the concept, even if it is hurting my brain this morning LOL

An onion, with its multiple, yet similar layers...  Yes, I think I like that very much.  Kinda like the multiverse concept in that there could be multiple alternate universes right beside us, just that we don't at the present have the capability to experience them... maybe.

Offline Relyt

• Analyzer
  • Just the Grin
« Reply #66 on: August 07, 2013, 02:04:10 AM »
I saw this and it reminded me of this thread:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zESOKXasIcI[/youtube]

Could his conclusion be applied to explaining these extended time lucid dreams?
-Oh, no, no. I was just wondering if you could help me find my way.
          -Well that depends on where you want to get to.
-Oh, it really doesn't matter, as long as...
          -Then it really doesn't matter which way you go.
                                                                                Lewis Carroll