Author Topic: Contratonics' Dream Journal  (Read 2044 times)

Offline Contratonics

• Intonating
  • Analyzer
Contratonics' Dream Journal
« on: December 19, 2019, 07:03:26 AM »
Current Goals:
-Recall exercises
-Dreamsign updates
-Testing new RCs
-Rally
« Last Edit: December 24, 2019, 01:07:56 AM by Contratonics »
Current Goals
-Recall exercises
-Dreamsign updates
-Testing new RCs
-Rally

Offline Contratonics

• Intonating
  • Analyzer
Re: Contratonics' Dream Journal
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2019, 07:37:48 AM »
12/19/19

Two fragments.

First, I was one person among a group of friends who had recently suffered a loss. Several exotic plants were in need of new owners, and I was familiar with them enough to show the others the basics of taking care of them. We brought them into the kitchen of the Bu West house for that.

Each plant looked like a pile of thick moss in a shallow oblong pot about as long and wide as my forearm. The mosslike top layer of the plant could be partially peeled back, exposing dense cilia on the underside and a variety of different morphs beneath depending on the individual plant. One was bushlike with thin winding branches that would need regular trimming. Another was a cluster of pointy seed pods. A third, being handled by a co-worker from waking life, resembled thick violet dandelion flowers that broke apart and drifted in the air like a seed head.

She was quite understandably fascinated by it, but while she was separating the seeding heads from the rest of the plant she ended up letting some loose in the kitchen, a few found their way into a convection oven she was using to reheat something, and I remember thinking to myself that the flavor of her food would be affected.
=-
Second, return to a recurring environment. An inverted dome structure mostly submerged with a walkway extending inward from the rim to a unit suspended at the center of the dome. Inside, automated processes count down to an uncertain time when the purpose of it all will be made clear. I and several others were inside the center unit for routine observations when a wall began to fall away, revealing a sign that read So Cal Bunnies.

A chamber behind the wall opened, and several small rabbits began exploring us and our equipment. Around the corner, another wall had moved to reveal a small office with a middle aged woman inside who was quite excited that she already had "customers."

Evidently the facility produced designer pets. Among the odder ones were hares spliced with pugs, hyenas and pangolins, and a pale reptilian pet with the face of a ball python, the texture of a snapping turtle and the general body proportions of a sloth. I was told that (breed?) made a good emotional support animal, but the individual I was handling had a defect in some cranial blood vessels that left it blind in its right eye and dramatically shortened its life expectancy.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2019, 10:21:32 PM by Contratonics »
Current Goals
-Recall exercises
-Dreamsign updates
-Testing new RCs
-Rally

Offline Caradon

• Evaluator
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2019, 02:03:10 PM »
Interesting dreams. Do yo do a lot of planting in waking life? The way you  describe it sounds like you have experience with plants. I used to when I was kid, I had out door gardens and a couple  indoor plants that I grew and took care of. But I've not done that since childhood. 

Offline Contratonics

• Intonating
  • Analyzer
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2019, 10:30:30 PM »
I did when I was younger too. Both of my parents were groundskeepers when they met, and I helped my mother keep a garden at my childhood home for edible plants to help keep us fed when money was tight. She was (and for the most part still is) extremely knowledgeable not just about the plants themselves but also the tools and systems for maintaining them, she even designed and built her own drip system out of spare tubing and other assorted parts. These days she doesn't have the time for all that, but she does still give her houseplants lots of love.

I picked up quite a bit from her, but never had the same passion for plants myself. The idea of growing peppers or some other windowsill / balcony plant suitable for an apartment has been growing on me lately though, if you'll pardon the pun.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2019, 11:57:02 PM by Contratonics »
Current Goals
-Recall exercises
-Dreamsign updates
-Testing new RCs
-Rally

Offline Wędajihs

• >>- GADOWAS ->
  • Evaluator
  • Lucid Dreams: 23
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2019, 01:59:07 AM »
Very cool designer pets. I was trying to envision the reptile with the face of a python, texture of a snapping turtle and the body proportions of a sloth. I can't decide if what I'm seeing is cute or creepy. At any rate, I want one for an emotional support animal.

Offline Contratonics

• Intonating
  • Analyzer
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2019, 09:28:05 AM »
It was about 50/50 creepy/cute, I'd say. Sort of a Neverending Story or Dark Crystal vibe. Very relaxed when being held and handled though, there's definitely an appeal there.

12/20/19

Fragment

A single scene of refilling my water bottle at work. The lobby seemed smaller in the dream than waking life, now that I'm thinking back on it, but I don't remember thinking anything was out of the ordinary at the time.
Current Goals
-Recall exercises
-Dreamsign updates
-Testing new RCs
-Rally

Offline Contratonics

• Intonating
  • Analyzer
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2019, 07:17:28 AM »
12/21/19

No recall. Last memory is double checking my alarm since I work earlier on Saturdays.
Current Goals
-Recall exercises
-Dreamsign updates
-Testing new RCs
-Rally

Offline Contratonics

• Intonating
  • Analyzer
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2019, 11:44:27 AM »
12/22/19

Fragment

3 people hunting paranormal. Dream starts in first person, I and two others are in MoJo house preparing some tools including recording devices, binoculars, modernized ritualistic self defense tools (choosing the right type of headphones was part of my strategy for staying safe, for example, though I don't remember exactly how or why each type was protective). On our way out, one says I should leave a note for MoJo. I said we didn't have time, but my friend insisted, saying MoJo was feeling alone in her own home with us quietly coming and going all the time without so much as a goodbye. I relented and left a brief note.

Interestingly, I signed it with my real name, but not two seconds later the dream shifts to 3rd person and I'm replaced as a character by an unfamiliar young man. The new pair leave to go investigate blurry visual distortions in the trees and suspicious patterns of leaf movement. When they enter the car, the young woman discovers the young man has been replaced with a shape shifting creature approximating human behavior. It tries to strap it's seatbelt into her lock, ECT. She gets there impression that it means no harm, it's just bad at mimicking humans but wants her help with something.

Meanwhile the real young man walks with a shape shifter in the form of the young woman to a new destination where person 3 finds them and notices off behavior. He can multiply his body, and the three get into a fight until the woman is able to get a solid hit on the original, dispersing the clones.
Current Goals
-Recall exercises
-Dreamsign updates
-Testing new RCs
-Rally

Offline Wędajihs

• >>- GADOWAS ->
  • Evaluator
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2019, 04:43:09 PM »
Do you do paranormal investigations? I could have used your team's help in my dream from last night. I searched for the source of a disembodied woman voice in my house. Even in dream I was trying to recall the tricks that the methods that ghost hunting shows use to communicate with spirits.

Offline Caradon

• Evaluator
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2019, 05:53:35 AM »
Cool...

I found out recently that a lady I work with is a ghost hunter. The subject came up when I made a random silly comment about ghosts and hauntings and we started talking about it. And she eventually told me that she does real paranormal investigating and works with a local paranormal organization. I looked up their website and sure enough her picture is there with some brief info about some experiences she had as a kid that got her into investigating such things. She also told me that she knows the guys from the "Ghost Hunters" TV show.

When I told her I'd love to go with on a ghost hunt sometime she said she would take me if something comes up.  But I can't really do that right now because I'm not going to leave my little friend home alone any more than I absolutely have to.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2019, 06:31:33 AM by Caradon »

Offline Contratonics

• Intonating
  • Analyzer
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2019, 11:04:06 AM »
I've always been fascinated by ghost stories, but never put enough stock in them to actually go looking for anything. I have visited a couple of historic haunted locations around the USA like Eastern State Penetentiary, Harpers Ferry and San Juan Capistrano. The ambiance around places like that is cool to experience no matter what you believe about the paranormal.

12/23/19

Two Fragments

First, attending some sort of college class. I arrived late to see a student trying to give a presentation. Most of the rest of the class was occupied throwing little wrapped caramels at each other and not paying any attention. One of the caramels flew my way, and I caught it and held onto it. I like caramel. After a minute the rowdiness died down, but at that point the student's presentation was pretty much over. Another student approached me, and she instructed me to find a male friend I liked and then to meet her with him later. I ignored her, but she didn't much seem to care how I reacted, only that I'd received the instructions.

Second, I find myself in what might be a small club room. The blinds are down and I and several other students are working on 3d modeling projects on projected screens with smaller personal laptops for research and reference. The student from before enters the room, walks up to me, turns my chair around and puts her hands on my shoulders. She asks if I found anyone. I told her I hadn't, and she immediately turns around and leaves. A couple of other people in the room come up to my station and ask what that was about, but the conversation quickly turns to what I'm working on. I don't remember it specifically, but I remember describing some of the techniques I'm using to get certain features of the model to work with another student filling in some blanks when I'm being a bit vague.

My screen transitions into a first person view, and it changes from a 3d model to playing a sort of video game. It gives me a sort of legend of zelda vibe, but all I really remember is a feature mapped to directional buttons that change the character's weapons / stances. Cardinal directions are weapons, associated with seasons, and corners / diagonals are stances, associated with emotions or feelings. The screen in the game that you use to assign weapons and stances is arranged into a sort of a top-down stylized ziggurat design that reminds me of the interior of a recurring setting I used to call Sparring Axle where color-coded creatures representing ideologies and mindsets would hold formal sparring matches with each other with their followers. Neat little callback.
Current Goals
-Recall exercises
-Dreamsign updates
-Testing new RCs
-Rally

Offline Wędajihs

• >>- GADOWAS ->
  • Evaluator
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2019, 09:20:16 PM »
That student seems determined to distract you. Applauds that you managed to stay focused.

Offline Caradon

• Evaluator
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2019, 11:04:56 PM »
I'm kind of on the fence about the haunting thing. But I'd love to see something that convinced me it was real. :)

The whole conversation with her came up because I had randomly said something to her like. I know why hauntings can't be real. Because if you were a ghost, with no need of shelter, food, money, why would you just hang out in a house or building when you could be out exploring the planet, the bottom of the sea, maybe fly to another planet. You get the idea. Why would you just hang out in a house? I wouldn't I'd be wandering all over the world and beyond.

Offline Contratonics

• Intonating
  • Analyzer
« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2019, 08:50:11 AM »
12/24/19

Fragment

Traveling from a nonspecific location in the USA to Delaware on foot using some sort of technology that allows extreme running speeds. At first I'm with someone else who is more familiar with this form of transportation, but eventually I before separated from him and end up at some sort of Arctic research station. After some adjustments, I'm able to meet back up with him somewhere in suburban Kansas, where he steals another piece of secret fast travel technology and uses it to teleport somewhere. He tries taunting me like a cheap comic book supervillain, until he realizes that the teleporter is biometrically locked and automatically sends unauthorised users to a sort of detainment center for the devices actual owner to interrogate. I wake up after he disappears.
Current Goals
-Recall exercises
-Dreamsign updates
-Testing new RCs
-Rally

Offline Contratonics

• Intonating
  • Analyzer
« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2019, 12:07:07 PM »
12/25/19

Fragment

Brief image of two disembodied wolf heads. One white and one pink. Not gory, just emerging out of some kind of soft medium.

Possible Rally encounter, but colors aren't enough to go on with a memory that brief. Merry Christmas anyway, little hosts.
Current Goals
-Recall exercises
-Dreamsign updates
-Testing new RCs
-Rally