Author Topic: DrTech's Technical Ecstasy  (Read 170633 times)

Offline DrTechnical

• Lead Tangential Thinker
  • Research Guild
  • Evaluator
DrTech's Technical Ecstasy
« on: April 20, 2008, 02:14:16 PM »
I actually prefer to log my dreams in writing. However, I thought it would be cool to capture some of my more interesting dreams here. This one was just this morning.

The Dream:

I had a number of false awakenings this morning. In 2-3 cases, I looked over to the clock on the VCR and it showed as 5:06 am. The first 2-3 times I didn't catch it as a false awakening. By maybe the 4th time, I looked, saw 5:06 am and realized this was a replay of the last several dreams. I walked into the kitchen to double check the time on a different clock - 6:20 am. This time didn't line up with the other clock. Additionally, it was too dark out to be 6:20 am. I'm now lucid. The next thing I realize is I only have a T-shirt on and I'm naked from the waist down. I question if it's crucial to find my pants and determine it's just not important.

My intention given a FA or WILD was to open a space/time portal, go back to the room my high school band practiced in 20+ years ago and find my old band mate. He's presently in an LA band making a living putting out CD's and touring. I thought it would be interesting to tell him I'm from the future and play a song he would write 20 years later.

I kneel down in front of a wall, put my hands on it and work at dematerializing it. I have some trouble but ultimately succeed. I push through the jello-like wall. I close my eyes and visualize our practice room on the other side. Sometimes I succeed brilliantly at this. Not this time. First, I find myself bathed in bright pure white light. The experience is like what people describe in near death experiences. When I do open my eyes, I'm hundreds of feet in the air. I'm high above a dense forest, soaring at a high rate of speed being pulled by an invisible force. The tree canopy is very thick and I cannot see to the ground. There are greens, yellows and burgandies indicating a fall like scene.

The force pulling me along is allowing me to fly better than I can under my own mental power so I just go with the flow. After a minute of soaring up and down across the forest at high speed I realize I'm approaching a branch of a tree top. I do nothing to avoid it and instead ready myself for the collision. I hit it, deflect off and change coarse. I start to consider the relevance of the dream and wake.

Upon waking, I pondered whether the near death like experience transitioning into a wonderful flight was an example of tapping into a past incarnation of my conscious awareness.
"In a fearful stampede to save themselves from the terrifying menace of an original idea, the herd can become a mindless destroyer of the light." - Thomas Campbell

"I just had to get nice last night. My Mind is so free, you wouldn't believe ... you wouldn't believe" - Dave Wyndorf

"I don't understand. How can less be more? That's impossible. More is more." - Yngwie Malmsteen

Offline Sunshine

• Research Guild
  • Evaluator
Re: DrTech's Technical Ecstasy
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2008, 03:30:51 PM »
(content removed by user request)
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 07:04:01 PM by pj »

Offline Namwan

• Comprehender
  • Adopted by DrTechnical 2/6/08
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2008, 07:55:50 AM »
It's actually faster for me to type out my dreams, but it's easier for me to do so in Thai. So in the end I always have to stick with my writing. However I'm just too lazy nowadays...

Offline DrTechnical

• Research Guild
  • Evaluator
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2008, 01:27:36 PM »
This has been a good month of LDing for me. Maybe it's the MM energy.

I promised to document my more interesting dreams. I had this one just last night. I've been working on summoning DC's. For what ever reason, this has been a challenge for me. Just to make it fun, I thought I would work on summoning the model 6 cylon from the new Battlestar Galactica series. Many of you will get that straight off. If you're unfamiliar with the series and want to know who I'm talking about, I'll save you the google search:

http://www.comicbookhotties.com/models/tricia-helfer.asp

I had taken some galantamine and choline around 3 and stayed up till 4. I had a number of lucid and non-lucid dreams and woke to notice the sun starting to come up. I rolled over to get back to sleep. I felt some mild/short vibrations about my head. This is an unusual sequence for me but I was pretty sure I transitioned back into my dream space. I sat up with that usual disoriented feeling. I saw my dog on the odiment of the couch, and another copy of her on the floor. I'm now lucid.

I told myself I would find model 6 in my music room upstairs. I head that way. I have a very light feeling and my body wants to float rather than walk. I reach for a counter top and pull myself in the desired direction. I rub my hands to ground myself which works well. I walk past the 1st floor bathroom. The door is closed and the light is on. I wonder if she's in there? Rather than get distracted I head upstairs.

As I appoach the room, I imagine model 6 in her slinky black dress from last fridays episode. I visualize her sitting on my couch. I anticipate the surprise I will feel when I peak in and she's there - I anticipate beiing almost startled. Sure enough, I walk in and there she is, sitting on my couch. I say something like "you're here". She's responds with "Hi J".

OK, you can surmise where this is heading. I sit next to her and we kiss briefly. Her character is very take charge. She stands and starts unbuttoning my shirt. She then focuses on taking off my shoe. She has some trouble so I help. I then get impetuous and gesture to her suggesting we should kiss again. We do. Rather than give me a nice "swirly french kiss", she sticks her tongue as far down my throat as she can. I somehow feel compelled to do the same. We both gag a little and laugh.

I get distracted at this point and wake.

Yeah, I have a little work to do here. But this was one heck of a breakthrough  ;)
"In a fearful stampede to save themselves from the terrifying menace of an original idea, the herd can become a mindless destroyer of the light." - Thomas Campbell

"I just had to get nice last night. My Mind is so free, you wouldn't believe ... you wouldn't believe" - Dave Wyndorf

"I don't understand. How can less be more? That's impossible. More is more." - Yngwie Malmsteen

Offline phoenelai

• phoensnd
  • Analyzer
  • proximity infatuation
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2008, 01:39:46 PM »
This has been a good month of LDing for me. Maybe it's the MM energy.

I promised to document my more interesting dreams. I had this one just last night. I've been working on summoning DC's. For what ever reason, this has been a challenge for me. Just to make it fun, I thought I would work on summoning the model 6 cylon from the new Battlestar Galactica series. Many of you will get that straight off. If you're unfamiliar with the series and want to know who I'm talking about, I'll save you the google search:

http://www.comicbookhotties.com/models/tricia-helfer.asp

I did a search and can see why you summoned the 6. Nice work man!  ;)
Bas: HA, FL, LM, SO, RS
Int: DC, CP, WW, WA, TP, DF, TK, CO
AD: LO, OS, LW, PI

Offline Sunshine

• Research Guild
  • Evaluator
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2008, 07:19:28 PM »

Offline Raklet

• Technical Guild
  • Evaluator
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2008, 11:13:28 PM »
I want that ability!!

What?  To summon hot sexy women?   :o ;)

Great dream DrTech.  Very impressive how you can summon those DCs.

Offline chris31

• Analyzer
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2008, 04:15:23 AM »
That chick is hot, nice work.  Well done on the spawning as well.
DILD - 33
WILD - 3

Goals:
Fly into space
Fly through a fractal
Have a long, interesting conversation with a dream character
Consistent lucids (at least 5 a month)

Offline Sunshine

• Research Guild
  • Evaluator
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2008, 07:39:29 AM »

Offline DrTechnical

• Research Guild
  • Evaluator
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2008, 07:47:47 AM »
I noticed Moonbeams slip - I was wondering who was going to mention it.

Moonbeam - the breakthrough for me was the strong emotional reaction. You know the feeling you have when you walk into what you believe will be an empty room and there's someone there? You're surprised and a bit startled, right. That's the reaction I tried to anticipate (if that makes sense).

Now that I've succeeded once, I should be able to reproduce this pretty easy. I'm not completely done with 6 (you know, I'm going to get info on who the 12th cyclon is - that's what I mean here  :angel:)
« Last Edit: April 29, 2008, 07:53:03 AM by DrTechnical »

Offline Sunshine

• Research Guild
  • Evaluator
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2008, 07:50:59 AM »

Offline phoenelai

• phoensnd
  • Analyzer
  • proximity infatuation
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2008, 12:45:43 PM »
I'll try that!  I never added that feeling to it.  Maybe that is the key.

I told my BF about your dream, and suddenly he sees how lucids might be actually be fun.  ::) After all the things I've told him that I do in dreams, it takes summoning Model 6 for him to realize the potential. :shakehead:

Yeah, I tried to explain a co-worker about lucids and he didnt get it or understand. Then I told him you can sex with any girl you wanted and his eyes lit up and wanted to know more!!!!! :angel:

Offline DrTechnical

• Research Guild
  • Evaluator
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2008, 10:24:36 AM »
I had a few lucids last night - none of which were that interesting. I thought however that I would share the continuing story of summoning model 6.

After 5 hours sleep, some galatamine/choline and an hour awake, I tried to get comfortable on the couch and drift off (the couch is my designated lucid dream spot). After 20 minutes I got a series of vibrations but failed to transition properly. A few minutes later, more head/shoulder vibrations of varying intensity, followed by a feeling of lifting out of my body and being quickly pulled back in. I realized I was dreaming at this point and got up, slightly disoriented.

I had predetermined that if I have a WILD and find myself on the couch that I would head upstairs and once again, imagine model 6 in my music room - but this time naked.

I make my way to the stairwell and notice the bedroom light is on. I head up. My wife is reading in bed. I give her an acknowledging glance but otherwise ignore her and head to my music room. As you might guess, I was sufficiently distracted by her presence that by the time I peeked into the target room ... there was nobody there - crap!

At this point I take the pragmatic approach and figure I'll at least get something from the wife. I'm stymied again though. As I make my way to our bedroom the dream becomes unstable and I wake.

Oh well. I know all the unmarried people are going to be like "serves you right".

Offline phoenelai

• phoensnd
  • Analyzer
  • proximity infatuation
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2008, 10:37:27 AM »
Can I ask how you typically transition out of the vibrational or SP state?

Thanks!

Offline DrTechnical

• Research Guild
  • Evaluator
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2008, 11:03:05 AM »
Yes, I can explain how I WILD but I think it's atypical. Not sure why I'm special.

This is much easier w/ galantamine but I can occasionally do it without.

I simply let my mind drift off. Sometimes I focus my mental energy toward my 3rd eye area or above my head entirely. I transition very quick. There is no prolonged sleep paralysis. I start drifting off and feel very strong vibrations at the back of my head. Usually there is a medium strength wave, a pause and then a strong wave. Negotiating this process correctly means submitting to the feeling and drifting with it rather than focusing to much attention. At the end of the 2nd wave if I did it correctly I usually have a translation feeling (floating, rotating etc ..). When I get that feeling and the vibrations stop I'm dreaming.

I think most people have more traditional WILD experiences (imagery forming around them and they step in).

Oh, BTW last night I visualized walking into a room and touching things right before the vibrations started. That may have helped. There's a post to that effect on DV's presently.