Author Topic: DrTech's Technical Ecstasy  (Read 200912 times)

Online Caradon

• Evaluator
Re: DrTech's Technical Ecstasy
« Reply #2520 on: December 30, 2019, 07:20:14 PM »
For a second I thought you were posting dreams again.

I actually tried creating an account there to see what is going on over there but the registration page is pretty screwy and gave up on it. Tried again and still get the stupid pop up that says my letters don't match the picture and there isn't any pictures with letters. lol.

Trying to save my wrists for my journal though so not sure how active I can be there. Have carpal tunnel issues so have to be pretty careful of it. Just hoping I can continue Journaling. So far it's working out but it can flare up pretty bad pretty suddenly sometimes. Probably been typing too much lately. 

Offline Contratonics

• Intonating
  • Applier
« Reply #2521 on: December 30, 2019, 09:31:16 PM »
I'll keep it in mind for later, thanks for the heads up. Maybe once I get a few things settled on my end I'll take a closer look.

That said - and correct me if I'm wrong of course - from what little I can view without an account this Deep Dreaming forum looks like a bit of a reaction to the disagreements that eventually left Mortal Mist in its current state. Past experience has taught me to walk cautiously into places carrying baggage like that.
Current Goals
-Recall exercises
-Dreamsign updates
-Testing new RCs
-Rally

Online Caradon

• Evaluator
« Reply #2522 on: December 30, 2019, 09:45:13 PM »
I'll keep it in mind for later, thanks for the heads up. Maybe once I get a few things settled on my end I'll take a closer look.

That said - and correct me if I'm wrong of course - from what little I can view without an account this Deep Dreaming forum looks like a bit of a reaction to the disagreements that eventually left Mortal Mist in its current state. Past experience has taught me to walk cautiously into places carrying baggage like that.

Well it was a long time ago when all that happened. I'm sure it's a friendly place over there, just a few old members journaling and chatting sharing experiences and what not. At least that's what I gather about it.

I'd prefer to keep my journal out in the open though.

They could always stop in here now and then too, just as DR-T has.

« Last Edit: December 30, 2019, 10:16:49 PM by Caradon »

Offline DrTechnical

• Lead Tangential Thinker
  • Research Guild
  • Evaluator
« Reply #2523 on: January 01, 2020, 02:45:31 PM »

Yes, but mostly no. The history here is pretty simple. There were folks who founded DreamViews. Eventually that site became commercialized, literally, so the same folks branched off and created this site.

There were many years where folks were passionate about this site. Hell. Search on my posts. I've probably logged 1000+ lucid dreams, wrote tutorials, published research and so forth.

What ultimately ruined things at MM, was one "founder" who took issue with anything "paranormal". She would get very rude about things, and then other people would chime in, and disagreement ensued. It was really only 3 people driving the arguments. Anyway. One banished herself. One committed suicide. And another is just missing in action.

Pete and I (prior to things falling apart here) set-up DD more as a site where anything is allowed, and it's understood up front that everyone needs to be respectful of others opinions. It worked well in that context. But yeah, things are quiet over there.

No, I won't be posting over here anymore. I put so much effort into this place, and watched a few people bring it down. Literally 3-4 people. I'm glad that you guys are moving forward with things.
"In a fearful stampede to save themselves from the terrifying menace of an original idea, the herd can become a mindless destroyer of the light." - Thomas Campbell

"I just had to get nice last night. My Mind is so free, you wouldn't believe ... you wouldn't believe" - Dave Wyndorf

"I don't understand. How can less be more? That's impossible. More is more." - Yngwie Malmsteen

Online Caradon

• Evaluator
« Reply #2524 on: January 01, 2020, 03:14:29 PM »
Yeah, different time, basically different forum since the members make the forum and they are all gone... That stuff has no baring what so ever on what I'm doing for myself now.  And it is for myself, so it just doesn't matter. Simply using the quiet place to journal for my own purposes. I'm not doing anything to try and build anything. If others come along and want to journal here, cool, if not, then not. Whatever. I'm just thankful Littlest leaf dragon is keeping the place running so we can journal here if we want.